- Location: Multiple Locations
- Pay: Hourly
- Department: Business Office
- Supervisor: Business Office Manager
About New Hampshire Orthopaedic Center
New Hampshire Orthopaedic Center is a full service practice specializing in orthopaedics, focused on the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal diseases and injuries. Our staff consists of fellowship-trained, subspecialty physicians who are dedicated to keeping people in motion.
About The Position
The purpose and objective of the receptionist position is to ensure that the arrival and/or departure process of the patient or visitor encounter is professional, thorough, timely and efficient.
The major duties and responsibilities of the receptionist are not limited to the following:
1) Greet patient to include verification and update of patient billing and guarantor information relative to that specific visit. i.e. all demographic information, address, telephone numbers, employment, co-payments, insurance relative to visit and chart has necessary information.
2) Assure all necessary reports, x-rays, MRI’s and Physical Therapy information necessary for the visit are received from the patient when they arrive.
3) Advise patient of ‘wait time’ if necessary so patient will know the expectation of the time they may need to wait before being seen.
4) Notify physician of any cancellations or no-shows during clinic time.
5) Direct patient to patient account representative for discussion of account and/or payment arrangements.
1) Review the routing slip to verify it has been completed correctly. Question clinical staff with concerns.
2) Collect any co-payment or other patient balances due on account.
3) Schedule any follow up appointment
4) When necessary direct the patient to the patient account representative for discussion of account and/or payment arrangements.
Physical Requirements of Position / Special Conditions of Job
This position requires being seated for the majority of the workday, use of a PC and telephone headset.
High School Diploma
Experience with customer service preferred.
Positive attitude and professional demeanor.
Previous medical experience preferred but not required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Daily distribution of outer offices courier bags to appropriate staff.
- Fax Workers Compensation forms to appropriate Workers Comp insurance adjuster.
- Report any missed FIRST POST OP visits to the physician and physician coordinator.
- Enter insurance referrals into computer system.
- Retrieve via telephone or on-line services from the hospitals, surgical centers or other physician offices any records, notes, reports necessary for patient treatment.
- Send reminder cards to ALL patients who have missed an appointment and document the chart AND computer that the reminder card was sent.
- Maintain a neat and clean work area.
- Any other duties not limited to reception area that may be requested or required as part of the NHOC team.