Medical Billing Specialist
- Location: Primarily Remote
- Department: Business Office
- Manager: Business Office Manager
About New Hampshire Orthopaedic Center
New Hampshire Orthopaedic Center is a full service practice specializing in orthopaedics, focused on the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal diseases and injuries. Our staff consists of fellowship-trained, subspecialty physicians who are dedicated to keeping people in motion.
About The Position
GREAT REMOTE POSITION FOR AN EXPERIENCED MEDICAL BILLER! **WILL NEED TO COME TO THE NASHUA OR BEDFORD OFFICE on average once a week or as needed for training ** EXCELLENT STARTING PAY AND BENEFIT PACKAGE BASED UPON EXPERIENCE.
Physical Requirements of Position / Special Conditions of Job
The position requires being seated for extended periods of time at a computer. Tolerance of periodic high volume of telephone calls is necessary as well as tolerance of being interrupted during performance of tasks.
High School Diploma
Previous medical billing office experience
Proficient in Excel and Word
A positive attitude is essential for the qualified candidate.
Experience and understanding of the accounts receivables process is necessary.
They must possess excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
The individual must possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and compassionately with individuals.
Knowledge of collection protocol and laws is desired although not required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Daily telephone calls to the insurance companies for status updates on outstanding claims, payments, or retractions.
- Refile claims through mail or electronic processing for all claims not on file.
- Handle insurance denials and be able to correct claims with the guidance of the coding department.
- Handle appeals to get insurance claims paid based on individual insurance policies.
- Understand the patient account balances for adjustments, payments, and denials to be able to answer questions for patients.
- Answer patient account phone lines and answer any billing or collection questions.
- Maintain monthly goals for account receivable.
- Will research, prepare and send patient refunds or insurance refunds on a weekly basis.
- Posting of appropriate transactions applicable to returned checks and bank fees.
- Review returned statement mailings and research for correct address information.
- Must be able to understand basic account balancing. Corrections on accounts may be needed for accuracy.
- Other duties as required.