Medical Assistant MA/LNA with Phlebotomy (preferred)
- Location: Multiple Locations
- Pay: Hourly
- Department: Nursing
- Supervisor: Clinical Manager
About New Hampshire Orthopaedic Center
New Hampshire Orthopaedic Center is a full service practice specializing in orthopaedics, focused on the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal diseases and injuries. Our staff consists of fellowship-trained, subspecialty physicians who are dedicated to keeping people in motion.
About The Position
I. General Purpose and Objective
Provides professional nursing care for clinic patients following established standards and practices.
II. Physical Requirements of Position / Special Conditions of Job
Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires working under stressful conditions and working irregular hours. Requires exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids.
MA/LNA or other relevant orthopedic experience.
Masks are required in all of our office as well as additional cleaning responsibilities.
- Work is performed in a medical clinic setting.
- Involves frequent contact with staff and patients.
- Interactions with others are constant and interruptive.
- Escort’s patients to exam rooms and assists in determining medical problems.
- Takes vital signs and assists patients in flow through clinic.
- Prepares exam room and instruments examination and testing.
- Stocks supplies.
- Sterilizes instruments.
- Assists physicians in the examination and treatment of patients.
- Takes telephone messages as directed.
- Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- Assists with the scheduling of tests.
- Labels and maintains proper storage for specimens and tests.
- Issues out-patient materials.
- Assists in applications and patient instructions.
- Attends required meetings and in-services.
- Performs general nursing care to patients.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatment in accordance with nursing standards.
- Draws up medication for physicians.
- Checks medication for expirations.
- Instruct patients given sample medications.
- Phlebotomy skills to draw blood and process blood through PRP systems.
- Checks eyewash, syringe boxes and medical waste weekly.
- Occasionally fills in for physician coordinator as well as precerting personnel.
- Will need to fill in at all office locations. Flexibility is a must.