Billing Specialist Patient Account Rep
- Location: Multiple Locations
- Pay: Hourly
- Department: Business Office
- Supervisor: Business Office Manager
About New Hampshire Orthopaedic Center
New Hampshire Orthopaedic Center is a full service practice specializing in orthopaedics, focused on the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal diseases and injuries. Our staff consists of fellowship-trained, subspecialty physicians who are dedicated to keeping people in motion.
About The Position
The purpose and objective of the Billing Specialist/Patient Account Representative position is to accurately maintain the accounts involving the patient balances. As Patient Account Representative the qualified candidate would be responsible for meeting with patients in their assigned office to review the patients’ accounts and make payment arrangements. This would require inter-personal skills to recognize each patients needs and maintain a good confidential relationship between the patient and New Hampshire Orthopaedic Center.
Physical Requirements of Position / Special Conditions of Job
This position requires being seated for the majority of the workday, use of a PC and telephone headset.
- High School Diploma
- Previous medical billing experience preferred.
- The qualified candidate will have a minimum of one-year experience in the medical billing field.
- A working knowledge and understanding of accounts receivables is preferred.
- Good verbal/written communication and clerical skills are necessary.
- Attention to detail is imperative, proper telephone etiquette and a positive attitude.
- Answer the incoming phone lines for patient account inquiries and respond to messages
- Successfully assist the patient with setting up payment arrangements on balances from past services or upcoming procedures.
- Assist the front desk staff on account questions, billing questions, insurance related questions.
- Assist in patient refunds when the account has been reviewed.
- Work with other departments to provide correct pricing on upcoming procedures
- Other duties as required